Choose kind of pet:
Start by clicking on the kind of pet you want to make a ticker for. You can choose from: Cats
Select the ticker format:
The full size tickers are the
most popular. The mini-tickers are good for sites with size restrictions or narrow columns. Some sites like Hyves and iGoogle only support the narrower format.
Create your ticker:
Start using your tickers:
- Choose a scene: Select the background you want to appear behind your pet.
- Choose a pet: Select the slider you want to represent your pet. Please note, sliders move along according to the months, not the years. For instance, for a ticker that shows how old your pet is, you could think of the slider as showing how close you are to your pet's next birthday.
- Add Details: Select the type of ticker you want to make. You can make a ticker to:
Then you can select the event date, and add details about your pet. For the Information below the ticker, the years, months, weeks and days are calculated for you each day. The Information below the ticker option lets you customise the text at the beginning and end of the sentence.
- Count to an event: For instance, you could make a ticker to count down to a show date, or the date of a new arrival.
- Count from an event: For instance, you can use it show how old your pet is, or how long you have had them.
- Annual event: Count to an event that recurrs each year. For instance, you can use it count to your pet's next birthday, Christmas, or the anniversary of a special event.
You can add your ticker to many blogs, websites, forum posts, email signatures and Windows Active desktop. Click on the links below your ticker for code snippets and tips on how to use your tickers for different applications. You will also find lots more help
and detailed instructions in the Help section
Editing and updating your tickers:
You can always come back and create another Pet ticker and if you
create a free PitaPata account
, you will be able to come back and edit your tickers, or get a new copy of your code snippet without having to create a new ticker. There is more about my PitaPata accounts in the My PitaPata Help section